1. Why is it the best ideas for writing happen when I’m driving? I can’t keep stopping to write them down, and by the time I’m done for the day, the words that felt right are lost. (I blame the 80’s!). I think I’m going to buy a voice recorder so I stop forgetting!
2. When I started this blog I just wanted to vent my feelings. Now it’s become something much bigger for me. I have started to confront my “Demons” that have been plaguing me for years. I’m coming to grips with my self doubt and why its been the single largest deterrent to my happiness.
3. For years I have started something, began to find success, and then ran into hardships. When that happens, my mind tells me I’m just bored with it, and I should just walk away and find something else to do. I felt that last night laying in my bunk. It was so strong it felt like I was having an anxiety attack. I know now it’s just self doubt controlling me. I MUST break the cycle if I’m ever going to be truly happy.
4. Several people have said I should write a book, that everyone has at least one in them. I think that’s what I’m doing on this blog. Writing my autobiography one paragraph at a time as it happens. I can’t see myself writing fiction, with characters and dialogue, trying to keep the story interesting all through the book. As Osyth said, I write from the heart and my personal experience. If that’s true, then the poems are a reflection of my soul.
5. I find myself falling into the trap of watching for comments and likes on my posts, and being disappointed when I don’t see what I think I should. It’s such a silly, almost stupid reaction. I need to remember why I’m doing this, what really matters!